JOB OPENINGS 2022/23
Location: Upper School (Florence) and Junior School (Bagno a Ripoli)
The International School of Florence is looking for a Nurse with extensive experience working with children.
The role’s main goals and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing care to students in relation to injuries and acute illness as well as management
of students with special health care needs. Assessment, reporting and communication
with parents and physicians is required as well as individualized health care planning.
- Providing the leadership for the provision of health services. Responsibilities include
development of plans for responding to emergencies and disasters
- Providing screening and referral for health conditions. Screenings include testing (i.e.
coordinating vision screening, etc.)
- Promoting a healthy school environment, both physical and emotional
- Providing health education through information to individual students or groups of
students through health education, science and other classes and assisting in the health
curriculum development. Health education may include nutrition, exercise, smoking
prevention and cessation, oral health, prevention of sexually transmitted infections and
other infectious diseases, substance use and abuse, immunizations, adolescent
pregnancy prevention, parenting, and others
- Run equipment checking on regular basis to ensure working effectively
- Keeping staff records of first aid training, CPR & updates.
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending an up to date CV with 2 relevant professional references and contact details, and include a maximum 1 page A4 statement of motivation, clearly indicating your suitability for the post to Ylenia de Rossi at email@example.com.
The International School of Florence (Italy) seeks an experienced HR Manager to work with the Business Office Team in a dynamic international school setting. The Human Resources Manager supports the Head of School in the recruitment of both teaching and nonteaching staff, and in relation to compliance, employee relations, and all aspects of staffing.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Major Areas of Responsibility
The Human Resources Manager has the following major areas of responsibility:
1. Staff Recruitment, Orientation and Induction
2. Human Resource Management and Administration
3. Italian Payroll and labour contracts
4. Employee relations
5. Staff training in Italian Government Requirements
6. Maintenance of staff compliance records
For the full job descritpion, click here.
Former experience of 3 or 4 years in HR administration department is required.
Reports to: HR and FInance Director
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending an up to date CV with 2 relevant professional references and contact details, and include a maximum 1 page A4 statement of motivation, clearly indicating your suitability for the post to Guia del Buono at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Upper School Campus (Florence) and Junior School (Bagno a Ripoli)
The Junior and Upper Schools are looking for well trained, licensed and experienced teachers to serve as an occasional substitute teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Candidates must be already residing in Florence. You can submit an expression of interest using the details below. Interviews will be scheduled with select candidates.
Essential skills and experience:
- A relevant first degree and teaching qualification
- Excellent communication skills in English, equivalent to Level C1 (CEF)
- Hold a current partita IVA for contractual purposes
- You must be able to work at short notice
Preferred skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of full time teaching experience in an international school environment
- Experience with the IB programmes (PYP, MYP or DP) strongly preferred
The expression of interest must include:
- A fully completed TES application form (link here)
- An up to date CV with 3 relevant professional references and contact details
- A maximum 2 page A4 statement of motivation, clearly indicating why you are interested in working at ISF and your suitability for a teaching position
General Interest of Employment
Should you wish to express your general interest in working at ISF, you can do so using this link. However, note that this is an expression of interest only and will still require a separate application should a vacancy become available.
JOB OPENINGS 2023/24
The International School of Florence requires a suitably qualified mother tongue teacher for Italian (Early Years to Grade 5) to work at its beautiful campus in the Tuscan hills close to the city center. The post requires a Laurea Magistrale or 5 year degree in Scienze della Formazione Primaria, Pedagogia or equivalent, and a minimum of 2 years experience as a qualified teacher. You must also already have permission to work in Italy.
Closing date for applications: 24th March, 2023 although the school reserves the right to interview and appoint as soon as an outstanding application is received.
Interviews will be via Virtual Meet or on campus if possible.
Commencement of duties: 22nd August, 2023 (New Staff Orientation)
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the TES Portal including a maximum 2 page A4 statement of motivation, clearly indicating your suitability for the post. This should include a response to how you might contribute to the school’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan statements available on our website. Please also include an up to date CV.
We advise an early application as interviews will be held as soon as appointable candidates are identified during the advert period.
Please see the attached job description including essential and desirable attributes on the TES Portal.